We all forget our passwords sometimes, but don’t worry, it’s really no big deal! We can always do a reset.
But how do you reset your password? This is how:
- Select 'Forgotten your username/password?'
- Enter your email and select 'Send email'.
Note: If you don’t have your email address assigned to your account, your manager will be able to assign it using the 'Manage learner passwords' tool. For security reasons, it’s really important that you use either your work email address or, if you don’t have one, your personal email address, to ensure no one else can gain access to your account.
Note: You can only have one email address per person – you cannot share your email address with another learner.
- You will then receive an email (check your junk/spam folder if necessary) with a link, which is only valid for 1 hour. So, make sure you don’t put off resetting your password for too long!
- Once you get this email, select the 'click here' highlighted in blue within the email.
- A browser window will open allowing you to set your new password. Please enter your password twice and then select 'Reset'.
- You will then be directed back to the login screen, where you can login successfully with your username and brand new password.
If the password reset isn’t working, what could be wrong?
- You might have given an incorrect email address, either at the reset stage or it might be wrong from when you were initially set up. Check this with your manager.
- You might have clicked the link to reset after the 1 hour expiry limit, so you’ll need to do it again.
- You might have missed the email that was sent, because it went into your junk/spam folder.
- You may have logged into the wrong platform.
A good follow on guide to look at next is ‘Why won’t my course launch?’
You might also find these useful: